Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kinonessee (NA)     28 August 2013

Personal property dispute

I have joint property with my wife.

Father had supported me with small amount of Rs.2L to purchase my own property which me and my wife adjust with our saving and also opted a joint loan for additional amount. We both are working.

My Father took loan in his office stating construction of house and the second wife as taken RTI of those details.

Second wife claims that this property should also be divided to her and her children.

Could you please help me if in any law even for taking a small amount of 2L the property would be treated as Father's?

Please help to understand.

Kino.

Learning

2 Replies

Prashant Agnihotri (Lawyer)     28 August 2013

if property is registered is on your & your wifes name,then their is no need to worry. & if property is registered on your fathers name,only then his second wife can claim for division of property.

Kinonessee (NA)     28 August 2013

Thanks Prashant sir.

So what i understand is, even if they file a case stating that my father has given money showing some RTI documents, the case will not stay as I and my wife are earning and have jointly opened loan.

Originally posted by : Prashant Agnihotri

if property is registered is on your & your wifes name,then their is no need to worry. & if property is registered on your fathers name,only then his second wife can claim for division of property.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register