Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

madhusudhan varadarajan (Manager)     09 August 2010

Personal loan on phone by banks

Hello,

Lot of banks have given personal loans on phone without any documentation to the public who holds credit card or bank accounts. However, when the borrower did not repay these loans, since the  borrower has not pledged or mortagaged any immovable or movable property with the bank.

In these situations, what can Bank do to recover loans? Will they have enought evidence to proof? Can the bank produce the evidence such as the phone conversation to the court?

Pls Advise.

Thanks

Learning

3 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     10 August 2010

without any agreements loan will not be given I think I am right.

sudhakar surve (personnel manager)     10 August 2010

Dear friend,

Without making proper documentation and acceptance of terms & conditions of loan in written, by the borrower , It would be inappropriate on the part of the bank to release the loan amount . This will lead to more harder excercise to any bank to recover the loan from borrower than in a normal circumstances. I think I have explain you the cause & consequences of the situation in simple way 

Sudhakar.

V R SHROFF (Sr. ADVOCATE Bombay High Court Mob: 9892432152)     26 November 2011

Is it a product of ur fertile imagination, or can cite few example?? 

Over all it is banking, Public money cannot be lent to such  risky Loan .Bank  have to follow RBI guideline. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register