LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ramesh   23 August 2022

Personal bond with surety

Dear sir , i have completed LL.B  not practicing (not enrolled in BCI) and false case was filed on me and on my sister by her mother in law and the case is 506 r/w 34  and now court asking me surety amount 5000 each with one surety along with personal bond, so without an advocate my self can fill & file the above said surety forms, formlities and personal bond, and my father aged 68 he agreed to be surety in this case.So, without advocate i can do this.  Thanking you 

Learning

2 Replies

surajkumar vishwakarma   23 August 2022

No. you can not Sign as a advocate on the Surety Bond, you have to called to your on record advocate for the Surety.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     24 August 2022

Yes, you may submit surety bond as directed by the Court, where there is no requirement of a professional lawyer if you are acquintted with it.

What is alleged crime have been committed by you and your sister where a case / FIR is stated to have been registered and taken cognizance by the Trial Court u/s 506 IPC which reads as:

Section 506 in The Indian Penal Code

506. Punishment for criminal intimidation.—Whoever commits, the offence of criminal intimidation shall be punished with imprison­ment of either descripttion for a term which may extend to two years, or with fine, or with both; If threat be to cause death or grievous hurt, etc.—

And if the threat be to cause death or grievous hurt, or to cause the destruction of any property by fire, or to cause an offence punishable with death or 1[imprisonment for life], or with imprisonment for a term which may extend to seven years, or to impute, unchastity to a woman, shall be punished with imprison­ment of either descripttion for a term which may extend to seven years, or with fine, or with both.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register