LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ANIL (Others)     03 December 2023

Person missing from 20 years but fir/complaint not filed

Hello My Friends,


Myself Anil Sahu , Age 28yrs old, my father is missing from 2003 but at that time I was very small, and my mother is uneducated so she did not complaint to the police, but in 2018 I decided to complaint of my father , I went to the police station and I had given handwritten complaint to the police, they stamped and sign in the letter and gave it to me, at that time I assumed that was the complaint filed, but in 2023 I came to knew that was not the fir/compliant , the police officials just give stamped and signed in my letter, no records were maintained in the police dept. The case is that how I can get my father’s death certificate, because in my various works/govt works, etc everyone asks me now a fir complaint letter or death certificate.


 1 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     04 December 2023

Your father has to be declared as civil dead 

For that you need to file a suit for declaration on the basis of your missing complaint to the police 

The stamped receipt issued by the police also will be considered as a complaint.

You may have to wait for seven years after the date of complaint to get him declared as  civil dead.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register