FLAT 20% OFF and 3-Months ADDED Validity on All Courses Absolutely FREE! Enroll Now Use Code: INDIA20
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ashish (owner)     16 December 2009

Permanent Alimony


My wife has filed an aplication under section 25 for the grant of permanent alimony.section 498,406 are already going on in a separate court.The divorce petition also has been filed by her.Also I am paying pendellite maintenance allowance of rs.10000 to her under section 125. She is well capable of earning and has been earning 20000 pm even after she left the matrimonial home.but thereafter to harass me she has left the job and has been seeking maintenance allowance from me.Please let me know if I can avoid this permanent alimony thing or if not avoid to what extent I can reduce it.Also what is the minimum and the maximum limits which I will have to pay as permanent alimony. Would be great if somebody of you can provide some good judgements/citations on this.Need them urgently.Kindly help.



 3 Replies

R.R. KRISHNAA (Legal Manager)     16 December 2009

I shall provide you citations tomorrow.

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     16 December 2009

 File the proofs of her education, her previous employment and the maintainance you are paying to her.

anand (legal advisor)     18 December 2009

file an application for d restitution of conjugal right application i.e. to bring her back in ur family it will a kind of cluther to her freedom and liberty and if she live with u, u can always request to the court to reduce d maintenance as the expendituer will decerease automatically

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query