LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sachin Gulyani (Student)     31 March 2016

Period to get exparte after publising in newspaper

Husband avoiding court summons and also RPAD by post.  First time court sent the summons and the next two times by post.  This time gave an application for publish in newspaper. Judge said to send it one more time by court and then on next date will give permission for publish in newspaper.

8 months already passed in serving the summons, now I want to know how long it will take to get the ex parte order once the notice is published in newspaper.  


 3 Replies

ROHIT SHARMA (Legal Advisor )     31 March 2016

1. This depends how your advocate is pursuing the case proceedings. 

2. It appears that the advocate is not inetrested in expiditeitng the case.

3. Normally after the publication of summons through news paper if the party summoned does not appear then the advocate needs to file a C.M.A u/s 151 C.P.C. before the court praying that trial may be commenced ex-partee.

4. So instruct your advocate to do so.

surendra prakash agrawal (advocate)     02 April 2016


Have a practical view of the matter, where advocate alone cannot be blamed as it is a collective show exclusively depending upon learned court.





Sachin Gulyani (Student)     08 April 2016

Dear Members,


Thank you for your answers but I think you didn't get my query properly.

It is not yet published in newspaper.  Court will grant to publish on next month.

Now I need to ask that once it will be published in newspaper then how long "after that" it will take to get the exparte order

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register