Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Firoz Ali   25 February 2024

Perfume allergy and action against the company

Hello fellow members,

I have come to case where a perfume products used by a customer and it caused him allergic reaction, he got that testified from dermotologist who in his report gave "++ garding" which is second to highest dangerous rating "+++". after getting his perfume report, he also got to know that the manufacturer company's license had been cancelled from FDA in 2021 and the company has closed down the plant since then in its factory. he filed a consumer complaint and which are in process for compensation. now he wants to go into criminal case against the company and directors and persons involved.

my question is apart from sec 406 of IPC for criminal breach of trust, which section should I proceed with to held company more stringently liable for that act. advice along with Cometics and Drug Act and FDA rules would be highly appreciated. 

Customer had approached via notice to FDA about the incident but nothing happened. we are planning to File writ in Punjab and Haryana High court for Writ of Mandamus for taking action by FDA against the above said company.

Learning

2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     25 February 2024

If you already have a set of legal program of filing writ petition besides giving a complaint before the consumer forum and police complaint, what else is that you are looking for, did you discuss with your advocate on it

Firoz Ali   25 February 2024

Dear sir,

The strong sections of IPC to be added in criminal complaint for the captioned crime apart from 406 of IPC. 

I am new Advocate and want to proceed with this case on my own. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register