LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

r.sathyanarayanan   24 April 2022

performance of Madras High court

During the recent speech delivered by Justin VRSJ of our supreme court at Chennai on 23/4/22, he appriciated the performance of Madras High court and subordinate judiciary. I welcome that.

But what,I am unable to agree with the judge is that, the judge compared the cases filed in the year 2021 of 133766 nos with the cases disposed in 2021 by Madras High court of 146244 cases and said that performance is 109% and appriciated.

According to me the above two are no way related to the performance and should not be compared. The disposal category should be compared with the number of cases pending at the beginning of 2021, that too year wise, category wise leaving the cases filed in 2021 and disposed immediately,which alone will help us to get the clear picture.

what Justice VRSJ compared is wrong, misleading and will not help us in any way.

I would like to here the views others too on this.

regards
R.sathyanarayanan.
Advocate

Learning

1 Replies

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     24 April 2022

After MK Stalin became Chief Minister there is a concerted effort to project Tamilnadu. Has performance in 2021 has anything to do with Stalin becoming Chief Minister in that year?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register