Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Himesh Patel (Asst. Teacher)     11 October 2014

Pending dv, 498a and 494 case after the divorce is granted

Dear Sir,

My wife had filed a false DV case against my family members in June 2011. I filed divorce case against my wife in August 2011. After that she filed case of 498a and 494 in March 2012. Now the divorce will be granted after I pay a lump sum  of 18 lakh. My query is what will happen to other cases(DV, 498a and 494) after the divorce is granted.

Looking forward you replies...

Learning

9 Replies

498_final stage (Professional)     14 October 2014

The other cases will keep running even after divorce if not settled. Are they asking for 18 lakhs for settling all the cases? I am not a lawyer but I am also a sufferer in the same boat.

Himesh Patel (Asst. Teacher)     16 October 2014

Reply to Legalabuse_Fighter: The court has finalized 18 lakh for the divorce as permanent alimony. I have paid 10 lakh as the 1st installment and she has received that also as per the direction of the court. Nothing is mentioned about the other cases.

498_final stage (Professional)     16 October 2014

Ok. What was the duration of your marriage? On what grounds court granted 18lakhs. They must have shown big expenses. Did they?

Reply to Legalabuse_Fighter: They asked for 30lakh, but court finalized18 lakh considering my salary. The marriage lasted for 3 years 6 months.

I am assuming you had kid/s as well. Right? Its not about what did they ask its about what did they produce (evidences) about their expenses in the court.

Legalabuse_Fighter: No kid. I am not sure what they produced. According to circumstances, status and income of the parties the court has decided this. This very statement was written in the order.

You are not sure what they produced??????????????????????????

Are you not taking interest in your case? Have you hired a lawyer or they got it in your absence? Anyway, you seems ignorant to me so carry on with your hard work

Reply to Legalabuse_Fighter: One can live with 5000/- PM and also 50000/- PM can be less to live.Nothing is specific how the court decides. It varies from case to case. In our case I have income of 90000/-PM and she has no income. The court grants equal living status to both. From my income of 90000/pm court has finalized 18 lakh permanent alimony to her. You may be knowing the lady favouring system. We have our lawyer and they have their. One can produce any document of mothly expenditure. I may be ignorant and actually I am not clever enough to handle the low grade people. I believe someone easily and the consequence I am facing. You take inputs from other and fight your case nicely. GOOG LUCK.

KrishnaNandan (Consultant)     08 April 2015

I am not a Lawyer. Pay Rs. 18 lakh as per the demand and start taking care of your other DV and 498A cases.

Krishnanandan

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register