Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Krishna (na)     06 July 2012

Pending dowry articles

Dear Experts,

My younger brother have a marital dispute with her wife. She had filed numerous cases on us including 498a. We all are on our regular bail and my brother living separately in a rented accomodation since 3yr back.

My brother was in judicial custody and when IO had collected 30items from his rented house court approved his regular bail. But she had denied to take 20odd items with reason that we have changed her furniture, and other electronic items. IO had prepared a byan in which she had signed along with her parents and my brother landlord that pendign items is not belong to her and she is not ready to take it. Now she had filed civil suit for recovery of dowry articles and marriage expenses. She had attached furniture bill and cloths bills but no where purchases name mention on it.

We had filed RTI to sales tax for jewellery items and furniture bills. Jeweller given his statement that he had not sold anything and bills was only estitmates which were issued by him on requset of unknown customer and furniture owner given statement that bills not belong to his shop. How do we proceeed as our lawyer told us that we have to admit and denied things in the court. Pls help and repond for my question at earliest.

My Questions are

My brother is unnecessary paying rent of 3000 per month only becuase of that pending items. He want to return these items as most of the its he travels and it unnecessary cost us. Can we file an application in court to help us to return the rest items  to her ?

Just to distrub us she had filed this civil suite to recover the pending dowry and expnses paid by her family at the time of marriage. Moreover she had alraedy denied that pending items not belongs to her.Is there any provision in law that girl family can claim marriage expenses and gift articles which given to Groom and his family? 

Thanks.....KK.

Learning

2 Replies

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     07 July 2012

The problem needs to be tackled on different levels.

1. Shift all the material to where he is staying, no need to pay any rentals for the same.

2. If she has filed the civil suit with fake bills then read Marwah Vs Marwah and start prosecution for false documents used in Judicial Proceedings.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor
harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

(Guest)

File perjury for submitting fake bills in court.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register