LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

windowsxp   07 February 2018

Pending 498a any issue for software job

Dear experts, My frnd was accused A1 in 498a case along with family members, when went for quashing it was stayed in HC from last 3 years, even he got divorce and in judgement judge pointed his wife filed a false 498a on him and his family members and caused cruelty on him. He is working in a software firm from last 7 years, this 498a case also 7 years old. Registered in women police cell which won't come in his residence area where he stayed 7 years back. Now his company asked their employees to provide last 3 years residence to screen for any criminal cases, immediately after disputes arise and 498a registration he changed his house. In last 7 years he changed 4 houses. So now he has to provide last 3 years residence details where he has no any case registered, he had only one 498a case pending which registed 7 years back. 1.Incase the investigation agency find his 498a case does this cause any harm to his job? 2. Before joining he informed his HR about 498a they told it is my personal case and non-issue but tht HR is no more in his company. 3.now if HR questions about this how can he defend and any remedies available if anyone experienced this situation please advise. Thanks in advance Srini

Learning

2 Replies

Krishna   08 February 2018

498A is widely known to many people and even HR people may behave sympathetic to your friend. They may be investigating for any other criminal cases. It is better to inform them about 498A case. Even if he did not inform, nobody will find out and your friend can say it was personal,

windowsxp   08 February 2018

Thanks for the reply Krishna, I too thought of telling him to inform his HR but now situation is bad in software companies, they r finding reasons to fire employees so in dilema, if he tells them and if HR ask him to leave as they won't accept then he is in big problem.. so I would like to know if anyone faced this and is it mentioned anywhere in labour law for a remedy?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register