LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

BK MEHTA   09 July 2021

Pedhi nama

My father's surname is differ then us ie his son's surname. And there is neither any evidence of father as per his son's surname accept ration card which is not an photo I'd nor any evidence of sons as per his father's surname. Now we need a pedhi nama as my father's death. And talati demanded such proofs for the same surname which is not possible. What to do?

My father made a registered will in which he had indicated both surnames.


 4 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     10 July 2021

The certified copy of the father's will can be treated as a bonafide public record., supported by AADHAR, Voter card or Qualification certificates.

1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     10 July 2021

You are unable convey the real problem, if any. How could a surname be in an issue. There is no legal requirement that the father and the son ought to have the same surname.

1 Like

BK MEHTA   10 July 2021

Talati says that child's surname must be same as father. I showed him my leaving certificate to show that I am his son. But he is saying that I am a son of mr A while the property is in the name of mr B. Here surname is only different.

P. Venu (Advocate)     31 July 2021

The Talathi is misinformed. You escalate the issue with the superior authority.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register