LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vinesh K Chhaya (ADVOCATE)     15 July 2011

Pecuniary Jurisdiction in Civil Court for Junior Division

Can anybody guide to me about challenge Pecurniary Jurisdiction for Junior Division civil judge?

I have a query that I have lodge civil suit for a Land which is a parental property and prayed for interim injunction to stop the selling of that property.

But during the procedure of court the repondants had completed the transaction for disputed agricultral land. Then i moved to cancellation of the sale deed which has valued of Rs. 2.70 lacks the advocate of respondants argued that the pecuinary jurisdiction of junior division civil judge is 2 lacks only so dispute can not be treated by junior division civil judge evenif  the land is situated  in local limits of the junior division civil court

so any loop for me to be continue in junior division civil court evenif the suit value is above 2 laks?

this matter is belongs to the city of gujarat

Learning

1 Replies

P V Namjoshi (pvnamjoshi@gmail.com)     17 July 2011

Yes there are three types of jurisdictions. 1. As to subject matter.2. As to to terrotorial jurisdiction.3 Pecuniary jurisdiction. Since according to you junior division jude has no jurisdiction to here suits about 2 lacs of rupttes then you have to get the case transfered toother court having jurisdiction. Move an aplication to the District judge or get the case withdrawn to file the same in the competant court. The court itself may order under Order 07 Rule 10 and 10 A of the CPC. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register