Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

H.N.SATHYA MURTHY (PROFESSOR)     08 June 2010

payment of gratuity (amendement) 2009

Dear Sir

The payment of gratuity act for teachers is passed by  both houses of parliment in month of Dec2009, is this bill has become act assented by president ? If it so please kindly  inform me about the gazette notification date .

with regards

H.N.S.MURTHY

Learning

6 Replies

shah_dhaval27 ( )     08 June 2010

The query is regarding the applicablilty of gratuity to the fixed term contract employees employed for a period of a minimum one year and then their contracts are renwed based on the company's requirement.

DS

Sunita Lad (Advocate and Consultant)     10 June 2010

The Payment of Gratuity  (Amendment) Act 2009 has been notified vide Gaz.of India Ext.Pt. II Sec.1 dated 31.12.2009 and the same has come into force.

H.N.SATHYA MURTHY (PROFESSOR)     10 June 2010

Mrs Sunita Lad 

Thank you very much and god bless you

with wishes

BHARAT K DESAI (retired)     08 October 2010

I RETIRED AS APRIMARY TEACHER IN A SCHOOL IN THE YEAR2005WITH CONTINUOUS SERVICE FOR 24 YEARS. AS PER THE AMENDMENT ACT I APPLIED FOR THE GRATUITY TO THE MANAGEMENT ON 15TH FEB.2010, BUT THERE IS NO REPLY. THERE AFTER I AGAIN APPLY FOR THE GRATUITY IN FORM NO. I IN THE MONTH OF SEPTEMBER ALONGWITH THE COPY OF THE GAZZETT NOTIFICATION TO THE MANAGEMENT, BUT THERE IS NO RESPONSE FROM THE MANAGEMENT. PLEASE GUIDE ME HOW SHOULD I PROCEED TO GET THE GRATUITY AMOUNT.

Deepali N (Senior Executive-Accounts)     29 January 2011

I have worked for MNC(covered under shops & establishment act) for the period 4years & 325days in fifth year  (24th Nov2005 to 15th October2010). Am I legally eligible for Gratuity? Is there any ground on which my employer can deny my claim – may b on co’s policy or rules ground? What is Supreme Court’s say on Madras Highcourt judgement for gratuity eligibility as 4years & 240days? Pls advise.thank you.

Nimisha Pankaj (Officer)     11 February 2011

Dear All,

Please let me know while calculating gratuity does 240 days of working necessary ? Can we add the leave in the 240 working days or leave is not counted ?

My question is that can we add leave in counting the total working days of 240?

Your response will help me a lot.

Rgds,

Nimisha Pankaj

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register