LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Guest (n/a)     05 March 2009

Payment of compensation after talaq

If a muslim husband gives talaq to wife within 1 month of marriage ,will he has to pay any compensation money

the boy was forced by parents to get get married. when he refused he was told that he will be thrown out of the property and there will be no links with the family. He was having affair with a muslim girl for 10 years,but parent did'nt like the girl and the girl's family.they were against their marriage.

Learning

3 Replies

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     06 March 2009

As per the Mohd Ahmad Khan vs Shah bano AIR 1985 SC 945, after the dissolution of marriage the husband must continue to maintain the wife till her remarriage under section 125 of the Criminal Procedure Code.

RAKHI BUDHIRAJA ADVOCATE (LAWYER AT BUDHIRAJA & ASSOCIATES SUPREME COURT OF INDIA)     09 March 2009

Mr. N.K. Assumi is absolutely right. I do agree with the views of my Ld. Friend.

B.N.Rajamohamed (advocate / commissioner of oaths)     22 March 2009

Asper The Muslim Women (Rights on Divorce Act) a muslim girl is entitled to obtain maintenance from her erstwhile husband till she remarries. That amount may be either monthly payments or a payment in lumpsum.

Refer Daniel Lathifi Vs State case  it will be reported  in 2000 supreme court cases  i think so.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register