LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amit Kumar Tiwari (Jr. DEO)     23 October 2013

Pay protection

I am an employee of PSU (Public Sector Undertaking), I was working in lower category in the same company prior to my selection to higher category. I was selected on successfully clearing the test & interview organised by the company, but before going for exams a undertaking was sought by the company that on selection we would accept initial basic of the higher category in which our selection will be done. This undertaking was taken by us just before entering the exam hall. We are now getting lower salary than we getting earlier.

Now, I wanted to Know that

1. Can a PSU or any other company can take such undertakings on selection?

2. Such undertakings are legal or not ?

3. Can we get our wages protected, if yes then how ?

4. Is there any scope of getting our pay protection by way of filling WP?

5. Can we go directly to HC for the same ?

Please help us in this regard, we will be very thankful forever.

Learning

4 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     24 October 2013

An Employee's salary cannot be reduced from the one he had been drawing until then especially the basic pay.  I think there should be something wrong with regard to your re-fixation of salary on elevation to higher post.  Check with the pay slip about the details and compare the same with the previous month's salary, verify the reasons for such differences, clarify from your accounts (salary) department about this, if not satisfied, make a representation with the higher office stating your grievances and thereby exhaust the remedies available within the organisation subsequent to which you may approach appropriate legal forum for relief and remedy.  

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     24 October 2013

meet advocate with papers.

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     24 October 2013

If the selection was done for direct recruitment through competitive examination,the starting pay alone could be fixed.

Amit Kumar Tiwari (Jr. DEO)     26 October 2013

Thank sir for replying my queries. If you gone through my queries there is mention about undertaking. My company has taken an undertaking that we accept initial basic on selection to the higher post. As it was a selection we were forced to give such type of undertaking. Afterwards our previous basic was slashed to initial basic of higher grade which lower than what we drawing earlier. 

I have submitted an representation but management not accepted it on the grounds that we have accepted the initial basic by giving undertaking. There is one more thing to mention here that prior to this selection an another selection for same post was done but at that time no undertakings were taken and basic was protected of selected candidates.

Now, I want to know that can I directly go to High court for remedy or there is any other way to put my grievance before the management for remedy. Management already rejected my plea.

once again thanks for your suggestions help me in this regard

regards

Amit Tiwari

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register