Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vijay (-)     28 July 2012

Patta name transfer procedure

An agricultural land with a house and a well with EB connection on it, is owned by 'A' and his mother 'B'. Patta is shared A and B. A's father is not alive and A has 3 sisters, C, D & E who are all married. A is also married and his wife is F. A & F have a daughter G and a son H. G is also married. As of now, A, A's father and A's mother B are not alive. C, D, E, F & G are ready to release this land and the patta for this land needs to be transfered to H. Can someone please explain the procedure to transfer the patta to H? Thanks in advance.


 1 Replies

Elamaran Perumal (Law Officer)     28 July 2012

Hi Vijay,

To get patta transferred into your name, you will have to submit an application to the Tahsildar of the area where your propperty is located enclosing a xerox copy of your title deed, requesting him to issue patta in your. If the title contains your name alone, it will be easy to change the patta, suppose it contains more name as shareholders of the same property, then you have to get them excluded procedurally and legally.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register