LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kanishik dk   22 April 2023

Patta for more than 50 years  possession of a government thouppu land

Hi Sir, Madam,

If its government thouppu land and if we are using it more then 50 years without any interventions... based on more than 50 years  possession of the land can I get the patta on my name? If yes for that what are documents needs to provide. Could you please suggest.

Thank you 


 4 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     23 April 2023

If it is not a patta land and just a government promboke land being used by you without any authority for over 5 decades, you may be having some documents to prove that this  property was under your possession and enjoyent for all these years witout any interference, then you can apply for patta to the  concerned revenue department.

If your application is rejected then you can approach high court with a writ petition seeking direction to revenue department to issue a patta in your name on the basis of the documentary evidencfes in yor support for this claima petitionn

kanishik dk   23 April 2023

Thank you sir.

Sir is it possible to share your contact details.

I would like to discuss on this to take it forward.


T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     23 April 2023

You can contact me in personal message


kanishik dk   23 April 2023

Ok sure, thank you very much sir.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register