LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Siddharth D   27 October 2023

path route to going to farm land block by someone

About agricultural road to going in farm land through farm, can someone else stop us or block of our path which comes under their ownership our grand parents are follow this route to going to the farm and now we are going through it but now owner specific agricultural land stops us and say that "this route to going to your farm was not written in official document so I'm not giving permission you to go through that route which comes my under agricultural land" our grand parents are follow this route about 60 to 80 year and now we also follow the same can anyone help help us what should I do

Learning

3 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     27 October 2023

If the land owner thorugh which you are gaining access to your own lands is objecting and restricting your usage, you can file a suit fior easement rights by necessity seeking pathway for ingress and egress easement rights on the basis of the predecessors rights in this regard. 

You consult a local advocate and file a suit for mandatory injunction  and for easement rights and also for permanent injunction restraining them from preventing your access to the road through their lands.

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     28 October 2023

It is the pleasure of the landlord to give you an access through his/her private property, you cannot compel.

However, it would better to consult and engage a local prudent lawyer for better appreciation of records, professional advise and necessary proceeding.

P. Venu (Advocate)     29 October 2023

You may initiate a civil action to get for declaration of easement rights. You can as well approach the SDO and seek directions.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register