LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

paras (rm)     26 February 2014

Patent attorney agent

Dear friends

My qualification is Bcom LLb and i am planning to start some patent and trademark work for offshore clients can any one has idea that how i should proceed for the same


 1 Replies

Chellapandian (Legal Consultant)     26 February 2014

Dear Mr. Paras,


Here is your checklist

1) It is better to be a certified Patent agent (exams conducted by IPO) - not mandatory ,else you have to get POA from your clients for Trademark related cases.whereas for the Patents you can do filing and drafting work for the clients(and make clients to do self application on their patents).


2) It is always better to have an Law Firm (it can be a proprietary firm) since you are going to deal with offshore clients.


3) Have a current account open on the Firm's name.

Wish you all the best.



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register