LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Chhaya (Service)     07 October 2014

Passport with no original birth certificate

My daughter  was born in Abu Dhabi.
After that we were shifted to India ( Mumbai) permanently. During shifting her original birth certificate was lost.
When we shifted she was one year old hence her name was included on my passport. I am having that passport with her name on it.
I am having Xerox copy of Birth Certificate and Xerox of H form (For citizenship).
Now I want to make her passport for which original Birth Certificate is required.
I can not go to Abu Dhabi as I dont have Visa to reissue the original Birth Certificate.
Apart from this I am having all address proof her name required for passport.
Please help me on how to proceed with present documents.


 2 Replies

Rangee (Lawyer)     07 October 2014

You may send application to concerned officer/ Authority who have registered the date of birth of your daughter in Abu Dhabi duly stating that you have lost the original. You will be issued duplicate birth certificate. 


sneha jaiswal   12 April 2021

Hello, Greetings of the day!

First, you address all your grievances to the respective authority from where you need a passport. They may give you some solutions. If not, then write to a concerned authority who had registered the date of birth of your daughter in Abu Dhabi stating the reason of the same. With this, you will get a solution of your problem.


Hope it helps


Sneha Jaiswal

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads