LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

anshul   22 May 2016

Passport/visa details of wife

I and my wife are entangled in matrimonial litigation and she has put DV, 125 cases. Recently I have come to know that she has been enjoying foreign trips since we started living separately and now she is claiming maintenance.
How can I get the list of countries(VISA details) she has travelled, knowing the fact that she might have travelled to countries where VISA is issued on arrival.

Learning

8 Replies

A walk alone (-)     22 May 2016

I dnt understand why you want her VISA details? She has already file cases on you what you will get after getting details. Nothing just waste of time. Let her live her life and you live your life. If she is not interested in relationship then go MCD and live a peaceful life nothing you will get by roaming courts. Only time money will waste. Once matrimonial matters enter in court only divorce happen nothing else. Instead of searching these information focus on your case merits.

anshul   22 May 2016

My query is in accordance with case merits. One who is enjoying foreign trips must be capable enough to maintain oneself, NO ? Every case is different and this info is quite relevant to defend me and my family in multiple criminal cases.

As far as MCD is concerned 'M' is mutual, coming from legal fraternity you must be aware of extortion associated with MCD. 

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     22 May 2016

She might be a professional in her work. That is why she may be travelling abroad. do not be jealosy on her travels. The wife is not entitled to advantage of her own wrong, she cannot harass the husband on the count of maintenance though she is capable to earn as per recent mumbai high court judgements. So fight against maintenance and dv cases against you & your family members.

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     22 May 2016

There are too many presumptions in the query rather than concrete evidences.Hence the querist may better ascertain the actual facts and then act accordingly.

anshul   22 May 2016

Dear Rama Chary Sir,

She and I are known to each other for long enough and are in same profession. Her profession does not demand her to travel abroad and that too to honeymoon destinations. Please don't be judgemental too soon.

My simple query was how can I get the list of countries(VISA details) she has travelled, knowing the fact that she might have travelled to countries where VISA is issued on arrival. There must be a way this record is maintained by Indian authorities. I need help on that. I don't know how would knowing the exact reason makes it easy to answer the query.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     22 May 2016

Mr.Anshul,

You have to ask the court. If court satisfies your request then court may issue an order to the authorities for details.

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     23 May 2016

The VISA details of a person travelling abroad  is available only in the respective High Commissions and Counsulates.A layman cannot get the details.Even RTI is not applicable to get the Visa or Passport details of a person.

(Guest)
As per Kusum Sharma vs Mahinder Kumar Sharma judgement t of Delhi High Court, all maintenance applications must have detailed income affidavit with all supporting documents. Passport copy is included in the list of documents needed. If your case is in Delhi you can compel her to produce copy of passport in court before proceeding forward with her case.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register