Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

lijo   20 February 2015

Passport surnames


My dad's name in my birth certificate is Vadekethottiyil Chacko Johny, but in subsequent documents like secondary and higher secondary certificates it was V C Johny. So for applying the passport (Non - ECR) will there be a problem, if yes then how can I rectify it. Please guide me.




 2 Replies

Anand Thakkar (Advocacy)     21 February 2015

You can change your name by publishing it in newspapers and supply that copy to passport authority then they will issue passport on your new name. Kindly search in Google about toll free number of passport authority and verify from there also.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     22 February 2015

The name in your application to that of the documentary proof you submit to the passport authority should tally so you select the document accordingly.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query