LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Irshad hussain   19 February 2024

Passport submission to haj committee before 90 days of scheduled flight

I'm planning to do haj in this year 2024 through haj committee.

As per guidelines I need to submit passport by Feb 19,2024(Today). First flight scheduled for Chennai is 26th May. So haj committee will be holding my passport for around 100days. And the point to note, passport submission is to get Saudi visa. But Saudi issues evisa which doesn't need passport submission. Private haj operators are organising without passport submission. 

I request you legal advisor to advice in this regards either to get exemption or to delay the submission. The issue is for NRI as well but they have deadline on or before 24th April which is also too early for them. I seek your advice.

Learning

4 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     19 February 2024

Subsequent to Haj announcement, the HCol notifies information for all the intending pilgrims, about the dates of commencement of submitting the application forms and the last date of filling HAF, the validity of the Passport, etc. Persons intending to apply for Haj are advised to adhere to the timelines announced for Haj 2024.

All intending pilgrims should possess machine readable valid Indian Passport issued before the closing date of application. The Ministry of External Affairs has issued instructions to all Regional Passport Offices to facilitate issuing of passport to intending Haj pilgrims.

All selected applicants  shall submit downloaded copy of online HAF along with a self-attested copy of passport. The provisionally selected pilgrims have to submit their original passport and one photograph attached to the back of passport with adhesive tape, within one week after Qurrah to their respective SHCs. Failure to submit the passport by the specified date will lead to cancellation of the provisional selection.

The intending pilgrims may apply for late submission of Passport in writing mentioning reasons thereto along-with documentary proof including self-attested copies of passport, working/residence Visa, Employment letter etc. It may be noted that such extension will be permitted only to the individual concerned and not to his co-applicants. It may be noted that Haj Visas will be obtained only after receiving passports of all applicants of a Cover.

I want to know that can we legally ask concern department for the exemption in submitting passport or just before a schedule flight through supreme court of India by lodging a petition.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     19 February 2024

You go through the detailed answer given in my previous post and understand the further process or approach the concerned authorities directly and get all your doubts clarified.

I have already submitted my documents along with late submission request letter. Also I paid the first installment. Last date to submit passport is April 24,2024 as per the guidelines issued by Haj committee.

But even submitting on Apr 24 is not easy for NRI. Because this is the date which is a month before scheduled flight. We NRI get leave for 30 days. In order to perform haj in this situation we need 70 days of leave which is impossible. 

This is the reason I'm asking your advice to legally get exemption from the government or delay in submission.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register