My earlier passport was due to expiry and thus I applied for a re-issue in October 2012 and got the passport a month later and the police verification happened later that year.
On April 2014, I received a show cause notice from the RPO highlighting the below points:
* Adverse police verification report has been received.
* Allegation of "Suppression of facts" in order to get the passport.
* Asking for clarification on why my passport should not be impounded as per 1967 passport act.
So I replied with proper clarification - below are some key points that I've mentioned:
* I was issued a passport earlier as well and this one was a re-issue with no change in name, address or whatever.
* I did appear for the police verification
* I have no idea as to what fact did I suppress and no access to the police verification report (alleged to be adverse).
I sent my response both through email and registered post. The India Post online tracker suggests that the letter has been successfully delivered on 30th April 2014 but I still have not received any further communication from the RPO.
When I track the status of my passport by putting the file number and DOB, it displays "Show Cause Notice" with "Applicant Reply Received On (if any)" being empty - does this mean that they have not yet received my response (but India Post says they delivered it successfully) or its because Passport Seva's site has not yet updated?
My question is:
Will the Show Cause Notice have any impact on getting VISA, clearing immigration?
Please let me know if you need more details.
Thanks in advance.