LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

geetha   27 December 2014

Passport resissue for wife with annexure k to remove spouse

Hello Sir,

I'm in need of  urgent help.

I got married on march 2014 and i have added my husband's name in my passport.

But we got separated in 2 months of marriage due to my husband's impotency and mental sickness which was suppressed before marriage from my husband and his family .I have filed for annulement under section13a and 13 b with necessary medical report and the case in pending under hon'ble madras high court and only one hearing has happened so far.

I want to remove my husband's surname and include my father's name in my passport immediately .What are steps i should take ,i came to know annexure k is possible but there is no clear information about it.Please help me on this ,im in need of help urgently.


 5 Replies

Akhilesh Kumar (Legal Counsel)     27 December 2014

  What documents are required when there is a change in name on account of divorce?
A: Following additional documents have to be submitted:-
  1. Court certified copy of Divorce Decree or self attested copy of Divorce certificate.
  2. Deed Poll or Sworn Affidavit as per Annexure "E" attached herewith along with your passport.
To check the complete list of documents to be submitted along with the application form, please click on for more details.

Attached File : 731554412 annexuree.pdf downloaded: 126 times

Akhilesh Kumar (Legal Counsel)     27 December 2014

in addition to and particularly in your case which is pending before the court for divorce then you have to apply for re-issuance of the passport supported by Annexure K  the format is attached herewith 

Attached File : 731554412 annexurek.pdf downloaded: 142 times

geetha   27 December 2014

Thanks for your valuable reply.But in case of divorce is pending  in Hon'ble High Cout ,How can i apply for removal of spouse name as per annexure K,what is the procedure for applying annexure K when the case is pending ?

Akhilesh Kumar (Legal Counsel)     27 December 2014

you can apply for re issuance of Passport, even during pendency of the Case. Because Annexure K is an  Affidavit for Re-issue of passport, for change in name which was obtained prior to marriage, by married applicants who are unable to provide the prescribed marriage certificate or joint affidavit with spouse due to marital discord, separation or without formal divorce decree by the Court or due to total desertion by the spouse.

shameer (planner)     26 May 2015


I am currently in UAE, with the situation to use Annexure K. Whom should I take this for certification. Can I take it to Embassy official or Does it require to visit India and get it certified by Magistrate.


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register