LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shreyash   22 May 2016

Passport reissue for 10 years with criminal case pending

Case is in session court bhopal. Charges are as Co conspirator in 420. I m in merchant Navy as Third engineer, I purchased one house living in it from last three years. I requested judge(session court) to give to orders for reissue of passport, he rejected citing my unavailability during case hearing. I need 10 years validity passport to be reissued. Wat should I do to get it. Plz help.

Learning

9 Replies

shreyash   22 May 2016

No evidence against me. Case no. 573 /14

shreyash   22 May 2016

shreyash   22 May 2016

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     23 May 2016

Passport cancelled for involvement in a criminalcase cannot be reissued until acquitted from the case.No use even appealing against the decision of the District Judge.

shreyash   23 May 2016

Passport is not canceled. Validity is getting over in December 16. But for job I need to increase the validity.

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     23 May 2016

While applying for renewal of the passport,U cannot avoid mentioning the pending criminal case in the designated column.If U do so it amounts to suppression of material facts.

shailendra patadia (director)     25 May 2016

passport act is a complete code in itself and having your passport is your fundamental rights granted to you under the constitution of india the new passport act have made some provisions to grant  passport to persons with criminal case for validity of one year but you can always make an undertake to the court that the proceed in you criminal case will not be effected even in your abcence as the matter will be proceed through your advocate and as such no adjournment will be sought on your behalf for your abcence and there after express your need for a ten year validity passport for the reasons mentioned by you as above and  if you have a valid reason the court should allow the same with condition  and if not then file a revision against such rejection order in sessions court as having a passport is your constitunal right.

Mukesh sharma (job )     23 June 2016

Agree with reply of sainath devilal you follow them 

thnks 

Sanjaydan Gadhvi (Advocate)     19 July 2017

Latest Bombay High Court Judgement renewal of passport even though criminal case pending must be NOT for one year but for 10 years. 

Mr Samip Nitin Ranjani versus Union of India . Bombay Civil Appellate 12784/2016. Dated 30-11-2016.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register