Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

XYZ (S/w)     29 March 2012

Passport reissue after deportation from us

Hi,

I need help regarding certain queries for passport reissue and related:

1. My passport expires in June, 2009 and now I am planning to reissue the same.

2. I was deported from US due to a CIMT charge in Jan, 2009. While arrival at airport, I told customs that I overstayed and they bought my version. I did put the same in papers they asked to fill in.

3. My passport has no stamp of deportation from ICE (US Immigration) which is a blessing in disguise.

I went to passport office to check my deportation cost, but they told to me fill the form and then they will check. At the enquiry, the lady told me that usually foriegn goverments dont share the data but one guy said that they would have data provided Indian embassy in US has shared the data with them. I am confused! Pls. guide me.

In the passport reissue forms, I will speak the the truth that I was deported even though my passport doesnt have any stamp! Pls. let me know:

1. If Passport office would know the deportation cost?

2. Would I have any problem in getting the passport resissued?

3. Would there be any be travelling to China on business Visa. I am into s/w industry and need to travel

4. Can I put permanent address as current address? Can I be penalized due to this?

5. I am married now but dont have marriage certificate. Can be penalized if I dont disclose in the form that i am married now?

Pls. guide me as I need your help! Seniors and experts - needs you advice on laws.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Learning

14 Replies

**Victim** (job)     29 March 2012

Did you drop I-94 before departing ?

XYZ (S/w)     29 March 2012

It used to be attached to my passport, but it seems ICE probably took that form out of passport while deporting me.

All - Pls. help on the queries raised

**Victim** (job)     30 March 2012

Dear When a deportee is deported from United States ICE do not stamp their passport but your passport number would be added to deportee list in CBP (Custom Border Protection) system. The reason they don't stamp your passport is because they are basically sending someone back who stayed illegal. When you leave united states they don't stamp departure stamp but the country to where you arrive will have your arrival stamp i.e. Indian stamp. Everytime when you arrive united states you get I-94 which you will deposit at airport ticket counter when you leave United states. This I-94 would be the proof that you left united states...........hence question of seeing departure stamp in your passport does not exist.

Your other queries of passport reissue shouldn't be any issue unless india have any problems. You have to understand two countries work as a cost center and they have to respect each others immigration rules. Let's say for example when a person departs india for U.S. arrival but does not fullfil U.S. immigration rules would be deported immediately not only that the airline who brings that person by fault is fined and also indian immigration authorities are fined for not doing their job properly. I think you should hire a immigration lawyer immediately because you might face some problems when it comes to passport re-issuance.

XYZ (S/w)     30 March 2012

Thanks! I dont have case in India, so I am keeping my fingers crossed that I would get the passport reissued without any problem. None the less, Pls. let me know if you know of a good immigration attorney in Delhi to answer my queries!

Would really appreciate if you could throw some light on the open questions?

3. Would there be any be travelling to China on business Visa. I am into s/w industry and need to travel

4. Can I put permanent address as current address? Can I be penalized due to this?

5. I am married now but dont have marriage certificate. Can be penalized if I dont disclose in the form that i am married now?

**Victim** (job)     30 March 2012

I am sorry but i am not located in india i live in U.S. therefore you need to seek someone's direction for finding local immigration lawyer.

**Victim** (job)     31 March 2012

Yes, they should !!!

No Problem once you get your passport and visa for china.

Yes you can keep your current address as permanent address you won't be penalized for tht.

It's better to disclose tht you are married and it's damn easy to get marriage certificate nowadays. You won't be penalized but there might consequences for falsifying the information especially when you require police clearance for passport reissuance.

XYZ (S/w)     31 March 2012

Thanks man! Really appreciate your response. I am just wondering:

1. If Passport office would know about the reason of deportation?

2. After getting passport, would there be a problem in getting Visa to China given that I was convicted in US? Does Chinese consulate in India do a background/passpport check before issuing a business Visa.

**Victim** (job)     31 March 2012

Well i don't have any idea how consulates issue visa but it's totally upto them whether or not they should give you a visa regardless of your conviction. Lot of people in united states are illegal and then later they have been travelling to different countries i don't think you should have any problem. I suggest don't mention anything about your deportation if you are going for VISA.

Hello (pm)     30 April 2012

I have very same situation. My passport has no stamp of deportation from ICE (US Immigration). I am thinking of renewing my passport which is expired now.

XYZ - did you get your passport renewed without any problem?

To all others: It may be a basic question but will our indian passport office know that i am deported ?

Just (None)     29 June 2012

Very interested to learn how this problem was resolved?

abc123 (Manager)     25 December 2013

Hi,

Hope all is well with you, i am very interested to know that did you get your passport situation addressed. Friend, i am in the same boat, i am in s/w industry need to travel but currently have deportation stamp on passport, same like you, i don't have ICE stamp either. I was deported cuz i was caught up in sting operation talking w / minor although the person was not a minor, she was 40+ and there was no physical contact,  I have lot of questions , we are one off ppl who got caught up with something like this, thank you for your patience would appreciate if you can share your experiences. below are my questions. 

1) How you got your passport situation addressed? 

2) Did you let your passport expire and applied for new one?

3) In the form, did you say you were deported?

4) Were you able to find out , what kind of info gets transferred from US to Indian foreign ministry

5) Did you end up travelling to china, i hope you did, what kind of info you put in the form for obtaining visa.

Good Luck and thank you very much for your support.

Regards.

Darshan   04 September 2017

Hey.. were you able to renew your passport from india??

Amit Rathee (Student)     17 April 2019

Dear any updates on the reissue of passport. Did u guys get your reissued Passport? Please reply as i m in the same boat and have to get my passport renewed this month

Amit Rathee (Student)     17 April 2019

Dear any updates on the reissue of passport. Did u guys get your reissued Passport? Please reply as i m in the same boat and have to get my passport renewed this month

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register