FLAT 20% OFF and 3-Months ADDED Validity on All Courses Absolutely FREE! Enroll Now Use Code: INDIA20
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

FightforGood (Specialist)     12 November 2015

Passport reissue

Hi All,

 Is it possible to apply for re-issue of passport while 498a case is ongoing? Do we have to ask permission from court or police station to do the same? If yes, what is the process?


 6 Replies

siddhartha sinha   13 November 2015

As per Sec 6 2(f) of Passports Act you may be refused passport. You are needed to submit an undertaking apart from court permission where your case is pending. All such format will be made available by the RPO.

FightforGood (Specialist)     15 November 2015

Thanks Siddhartha.. So i need to get the permission from Court(Any template or document available for reference?) and undertake form(i could see it in RPO site) to apply for reissue my passport?

Also,chargesheet is not filed yet and FIR alone opened. Still should i go for this process?

siddhartha sinha   15 November 2015

Yes. You need to go through this process for your best interests. Dont use any form from website collect them from rpo.

siddhartha sinha   15 November 2015

Ask your lawyer whom you have engaged for this 498a case to apply on your behalf.

mohan   21 November 2015

I DO NOT AGREE........

You would NOT face any problem. passport is just a LEGAL document which is issued on individual basis. Only in the case of minors, both parents are required to sign the form. You are an adult and hence no permission from your wife is required. Unless you have serious criminal cases against you...you dont need any court orders.

Just mention your wife's name in the form as the spouse and get a new passport easily. DO NOT give a wrong name or avoid a name in the form. 

I just got my passport done a few months back....and never faced any problem. 


FURTHER.... you dont even need wife's / court permissions for VISA's to many countries (like thailand  cheeky ) unless you going for a very long period. Few countries may ask for a NOC from wife if u applying for a VISA for some years or trying to settle there. 


best of luck......





FightforGood (Specialist)     01 December 2015

Thanks Mohan for prompt response. Let me apply it

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query