Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vijay (consultant)     06 March 2012

Passport - police adverse report

Dear Sir

Last year I got my passport re-issued from Bangalore. I got the passport after policer verification only. 3 months after getting my passport, i've applied for PCC for Cyprus country. that time they said they can't issue because I had adverse report on my Police clearance certificate, I need to contact RPO for that. 3 days I was in RPO only, finally they asked me to pay penalty of Rs. 5000/- since I've given false information about my address. I was stayin the same address, its only for brief time I was travelled outside India. Out of frustration I gave them Rs. 5000/- and got my PCC done. But my stay outside India was only temprorary. So far I didnt receive any show cause notice as well. Is there any way to protest against this fine and get the penalty back? Your reply is highly appreciated.




 2 Replies

Deep Narayan (learning)     24 May 2012

dear vijay

do u had any criminal record?

if yes then u had bribed for this settlement only.

if u dnt have criminal report then u had taken the money as bribe.

the money given by u is not a penalty is bribe bcoz police never asks for penalty

Rohit (Consultant)     24 September 2013

Hi Vijay,


Same was the case happened today with me. I went for PCC to Gurgaon Passport Office for South America. I applied two times one from Bareilly and secondly from Hyderabad. Both the time It could not complete because of inadequate services by passport offices. Then, I decided to do it from Lucknow, my permanent address, and I got my Passport from Lucknow.

Now, today they are saying You need to pay a penalty of 6000/- to get PCC done. Did you take any actions so far ? I am going to pay 6000/- tomorrow to get my PCC done.

Please respond.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query