LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Hemang (Director)     16 July 2011

Passport of children

I am from Mumbai. We have a house here where my parents stay. My name, along with that of my wife and children is in our Mumbai ration card. However as our factory is in Gujarat, I and my wife are staying here with children most of the time, coming to Mumbai on weekend. We have house in Gujarat only but no ration card.

My and wife's passports are from Mumbai. Now I want to make children's passports, whether I can make them from Mumbai or have to do this from Gujarat. I would prefer to have Mumbai passports.

Learning

6 Replies

V. VASUDEVAN (LEGAL COUNSEL)     16 July 2011

You can certainly apply for the passport at mumbai where you can provide the details of permanent and

temporary address. The permanent address could be Mumbai and basedon the proof of ration card, can obtain the passport.

vasudevan

Thank you for the reply sir. When I inquired with the agent, they told me there may be problem in police verification and you should apply from Gujarat. In case we are not in Mumbai at time of verification, what happens?

V. VASUDEVAN (LEGAL COUNSEL)     16 July 2011

1. If the agent does not understand the procedure, you can apply for the passport directly or through online - try this link:passport.gov.in/pms/OnlineRegistration.jsp - . Once you get the registgration number can submit the documents at the location - details will be available in the website. You can track the status through the website based on regn. number and during police verification, can appropach the local polistation directly with the original documents. Nowadays, the passport system is streamlined and public friendly.

vasudevan

THANKACHAN V P (Advocate & Notary)     16 July 2011

As your Passports and RationCard are in Mumbai you can apply the Passport from Mumbai for your children.You are staying in Gujarath only as part of your employment which can be considered as temporay residence.Kindly advise your parents properly when police coming for verification.

THANKACHAN V P (Advocate & Notary)     16 July 2011

As your Passports and RationCard are in Mumbai you can apply the Passport from Mumbai for your children.You are staying in Gujarath only as part of your employment which can be considered as temporay residence.Kindly advise your parents properly when police coming for verification.

Thank you for the replies. Checked the online link, thanks.

Only reason to go through agent was to avoid going to passport office as whole day would be wasted. Do you know any good agent in Mumbai who has correct knowledge?

Just for my information, what is "Permanent address". We have ration card in mumbai but my children study in Gujarat. We come to Mumbai every week. So is our permanent address of Mumbai or Gujarat?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register