Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pradeep (qwert)     16 May 2012

Passport - name difference in birth & edcational certificate

Dear Experts,

I am going to apply for passport but there is a difference in my name and father's name in birth certificate and my educational certificate.

In Birth Certificate

Name : Shivakumar

Father Name : Govindaraju

DOB : 9-MAy-1989

In Educational Certific

Name : Pradeep

Father Name : Govindasamy

DOB : 9-MAy-1989

I approached the municapal and registar office for the correction, but they told that they cannot do it.

Then I approached a lawyer he suggested two things

1) Get a new birth certificate by getting a non availabilty certificate with some different address so that he will get it throgh the court that my birth was not registered and request to register with correct details (Time consuming)

2) Apply for a name change certificate now, that will be posted in the news paper and it will be done and added that I cant apply name change certificate for my father as he is expired. So that I can give my fathers name which is mentioned in my birth certificate and avoid giving the docments containing my fathers docment whcih are reqired for passport other than birth certificate.

a) Age proof - Birth certificate

b) Address proof - Bank passbook (my fathers name is not mentioned in that passbook, only I used initial Pradeep G)

c) ECNR Stamp - Degree Certificate (my fathers name is not mentioned,only I used initial Pradeep G))

Whether passport officers will accept the name change certificate if I apply now and get it?

Is there any way to correct the names in the birth certificate?

I thoght of going with option 2 suggested by my lawyer.

Please share your views. How to get it as soon as possible.

Thanks

Pradeep

Learning

1 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     17 May 2012

Mr. Pradeep.

Your lawyer option no. 2 is correct in my opinion. Go ahead.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register