Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

mahesh (ITA)     23 November 2012

Passport impound notification address problem

Hello friends,

Few days back i applied for new passport after my orginal passport is expired and at that time i was living in chennai for job but while applying new pasport, unfortunatly broker mentioned my permeant address for police verification.

After few days, passport office issued passport and i attended for h1b visa..now I am in USA..but after that i received impound notification from passport office for address problem..

I mentioned permanent address and present address in passport application form.

I am not able to know how to resolve this impound notification.Please help me to what steps need to follow to cancel impound notification on my passport.

your help is much appreciated

Learning

3 Replies

MRRpersonality (Knows very little about Indian laws)     23 November 2012

If the permanent address, and temporary addresses are correct then reply to the show cause notice with the details.  Impound notification does not mean they have impounded your passport.  It just means that they will impound it if on further enquiry they find "false" documentation or representation while applying for the passport.  You will have to defend by showing why your permanent address and the temporary address were correct.

mahesh (ITA)     24 November 2012

Thanks for your valuable response..As i am not in india currently...how i can proof my permeant and residence address are correct..?

Is it fine if i send my wife/son in india to passport office with all revelevent documents to proof them that those are correct addresses?

And also do we need to take any letters from local police station to proof my permeant address?

Anand (Team Member)     17 January 2013

Hi Experts,

My Passport was issued by Bhopal office in 2007.after that I moved to Pune for job.In 2009 I got a showcause notice for my address verification for which I duly replied and done with police verification also.few days back in Jan 11 2013 I recieved a letter from Passport office Bhopal that they have not recieved any reply on show cause notice of 2009 and hence decided to Impound my passport.

I have sent a letter to Bhopal office along with a copy of reply sent on 2009 and request them to cancel my impounding of passport

Please advise should I wait for reply from there end or go ahead and appeal against it.

And also please advise can I travel abroad if I appealed in given time frame.As i have to travel to USA for official purpose next month.

Regards

'Anand.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register