Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sam (A.P)     13 August 2012

Passport deletion of spouse name

Hello everyone ,

I want know regarding passport related query. I am remarried and still having my ex-wife's name on my passport , now I want to delete that name from passport . Now question is if I don't want to enter my present wife's name then what will be written in passport wheather column will be left blank or divorced will be written. Second part is is it mandatory to enter wife's name in passpor.

Learning

4 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     13 August 2012

There is a proforma affidavit in Passport office website relating to deletion of wife ' s name. Submit the affidavit in the passport office and need to follow necessary corrections in the passport as early as possible.

surjit singh (Assistant)     15 August 2012

At the time of submitting passport form you have to file an affidavit about spouse if you do not enter the name of your legally married wife, then I am afraid it a suppression of fact in the eye of law.

Harsh (Manager)     12 February 2013

@surjit

what can be the consequences of such suppression (spouse's name, educational qualification etc.)? info other than criminal cases etc. what actions can be initiated against the applicant?

Harsh (Manager)     12 February 2013

experts - any comments?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register