Passport Application withdrawal



My wife (ANVI DESHPANDE) had applied for passport from Nagpur office in 2009 August. We had applied from Nagpur since her name was on ration card taken from Amravati (Under Nagpur jurisdiction), howevr we stay in Pune. I know this was a blunder. We had police inquiry in October 2009, after which the report was given to passport office in Nagpur that my wife does not stay in Amravati. Almost 5 months later, we got to know from Passport office that they had returned application to Amravati Commissinar office for reverification. 2nd inquiry was also conducted on April 18th. This time also same report went to passport office stating that my wife does not stay there. The passport application status is shows on site as "Application has been transferred to policy section, Please See the PRO". I doubt if this will be rejected.


Agreed that this was misate, we would like to correct it. Can anyone help us to know what can be done in such case? Can we withdraw application from Nagpur and apply in Pune? If yes, what care should be taken for it? Will there be any penalties we need to pay for withdrawing the application and what is the procedure for it?




Aniket Deshpande

(posting on behalf of my wife Anvi Deshpande)

Advocates & Mediators.


It is not rejected as of now

Contact the concerned police station and find out the actual position


The Police detartment's Intelligence wing sent the same report as first time to passport office

Advocates & Mediators.

As sujested contact PRO for clarifications .In some of offices wednesday

is considered as lok adalat day for settling the issues if any querrys raised u can file your reply

and clarifications

Total likes : 1 times


Is there any way by which we can request passport office to transfer the case to other city. e.g from Nagpur to Pune RPO? If yes, what kind of application to be made? Do we have any standard format of the application?


If transfer is not possible, can we withdraw the passport application?






HI Aniket


I am facing the same problem, Can you please tell me if your issue got resolved from them or not.





i would suggest that you put an RTI application to find out the satus of your application and ask for copy of the Rules when the application is to be transfered form one office to another. This would give you a clear picture and what to do.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Forensics & Evidence     |    x