Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Aniket (APM)     30 June 2010

Passport Application withdrawal

Hi,

My wife (ANVI DESHPANDE) had applied for passport from Nagpur office in 2009 August. We had applied from Nagpur since her name was on ration card taken from Amravati (Under Nagpur jurisdiction), howevr we stay in Pune. I know this was a blunder. We had police inquiry in October 2009, after which the report was given to passport office in Nagpur that my wife does not stay in Amravati. Almost 5 months later, we got to know from Passport office that they had returned application to Amravati Commissinar office for reverification. 2nd inquiry was also conducted on April 18th. This time also same report went to passport office stating that my wife does not stay there. The passport application status is shows on site https://passportstatus.nic.in/passmain.php?city=ngp as "Application has been transferred to policy section, Please See the PRO". I doubt if this will be rejected.

Agreed that this was misate, we would like to correct it. Can anyone help us to know what can be done in such case? Can we withdraw application from Nagpur and apply in Pune? If yes, what care should be taken for it? Will there be any penalties we need to pay for withdrawing the application and what is the procedure for it?

Thanks

Aniket Deshpande

(posting on behalf of my wife Anvi Deshpande)

Learning

6 Replies

Satya Narayana Palukuru (Advocates & Mediators.)     01 July 2010

Hi

It is not rejected as of now

Contact the concerned police station and find out the actual position

Aniket (APM)     01 July 2010

The Police detartment's Intelligence wing sent the same report as first time to passport office

Satya Narayana Palukuru (Advocates & Mediators.)     02 July 2010

As sujested contact PRO for clarifications .In some of offices wednesday

is considered as lok adalat day for settling the issues if any querrys raised u can file your reply

and clarifications

1 Like

Aniket (APM)     03 August 2010

Is there any way by which we can request passport office to transfer the case to other city. e.g from Nagpur to Pune RPO? If yes, what kind of application to be made? Do we have any standard format of the application?

If transfer is not possible, can we withdraw the passport application?

Regards

Aniket

Jigar (Business)     12 April 2011

HI Aniket

I am facing the same problem, Can you please tell me if your issue got resolved from them or not.

Regards

JRS

harpreetdhanvi (Legal Officer)     16 September 2011

i would suggest that you put an RTI application to find out the satus of your application and ask for copy of the Rules when the application is to be transfered form one office to another. This would give you a clear picture and what to do.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register