New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Madhu Mittal (Director)     21 September 2018

Partnership deed from registrar of firms

As per Partnership Act 1932 section 67 any person can obtain by paying fees any thing which is in the Register of Firms and according to section 66 inspect the register and filed documents.

But when approached to Registrar of Firms,  Partnership Deed of a Firm is required, the said was denied and when Act was shown, answer was given , this can not be given as our office has never given in this manner to any thing to anyone, I won’t give anything, do whatever you like.

Please let me know what can be done to get the same from Registrar of Firms

The said  guidelines also sought at expert column as all the learned members of this forum are not designated as Expert till date.


 7 Replies

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     22 September 2018

File RTI application.

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     22 September 2018

File RTI application.

Madhu Mittal (Director)     22 September 2018

Respected Sir,

Thanks for your practical guidelines for filing RTI application. But Sir, as you retires from a PSB, Can a Govt Department deny that is written in ACT. RTI act has been passed recently, And Partnership ACT is of 1932. In addition to RTI application, what legal action can be taken ?

The Partnership Act, 1932

Section66 INSPECTION OF REGISTER AND FILED DOCUMENTS. (1) The Registrar of Firms shall be open to inspection by any person on payment of such fee as may be prescribed. (2) All statements, notices and intimations filed under this Chapter shall be open to inspection, subject to such conditions and on payment of such fee as may be prescribed.

Section67 GRANT OF COPIES. The Registrar shall on application, furnish to any person, on payment of such fee as may be prescribed, a copy, certified under his hand, of any entry or portion thereof in the Register of Firms.

From the above, it is deduced that the documents in the Registrar of Firms are Public Documents. If incorrect, please correct.

Neha Sharma   22 September 2018

Make your own decision, I guess it would be better than anything else.

P. Venu (Advocate)     22 September 2018

You can take up the matter with the higher authorities. anyhow, have you made the request in writing and has the denial been in writing?

Madhu Mittal (Director)     22 September 2018

Respected Sir Venuji,

Verbal denial, not in writing. How to get in writing when one is not ready to give ? How to prove that the Govt office is approached ?

Sagar Sharma   22 September 2018

RTI is better otherwise you may file complaint to higher authorities ,proved,disproved ,not proved will see later. Do karma's first.. manzil sochne se nahi chalne see milegi...Sagar ,advocate

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register