LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

yasmin parbatani (Lawyer)     25 November 2021


My mother-in-law, my brother-in-law and my husband were partners in a partnership firm. The premise was rented in mother-in-law's name. My husband and my brother-in-law were working partners. The goods will rights belonged to the firm. My husband died in 2006 and after his death I had to leave the joint family house because of violence from my brother-in-law. I had filed a case in arbitration board of my community as there was a clause in the partnership  deed where in case there was any dispute, partners will go to arbitration. But the arbitraters were influenced by my mother-in-law and brother-in-law. They didn't give a response. My mother-in-law died in 2010. Recently I came to know that my brother-in-law, without any settlement, named the firm in his own name as proprietor. How I can get my and my daughters' name in the firm in place of my husband? Can I file a criminal case against my brother-in-law?

 2 Replies

Shashi Dhara   25 November 2021

Approach civil court by engaging civil  advocate .

1 Like

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     25 November 2021


You have to check the arbitration proceedings. If the award is passed then you can challenge the same in District or High Court. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

LCI Learning Hindu Laws

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query