New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ramesh (fda)     05 July 2013

Partition suite

Dear advocates,
I need a legal suggesation in civil case, My father registered part of
his ancestral property to his brother in 2005 without knowledge of his
4(2female married and 2male) childeren and wife. my question is
1. Can i file civil case against both my father and uncle?
2. what is merit of case since all my siblings were major that time?


 3 Replies

niranjan (civil practice)     05 July 2013

 If it is partition between two brothers of ancestral property, and if there are no other heirs of your GF,then it is alright and,you have got right in your father's share..

Hemang (Advocate)     06 July 2013

File appropriate proceedings.

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     14 July 2013

Your father has no authority to rigister ancestral property on his brother name.  Ofcourse, he can register the property to the extent which falls to the share of your father.  You can file partition suit making your father and your uncle as defendants and all other legal heirs as proforma defendants. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register