LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Partition suit procedure

My friend's father died three months back without making any will. So, they have to partition 50cents of agriculture land and another 20 cents of land with house. My friend has two brothers and both are not in good terms which makes it impossible for amicable partition. If my friend file a partition suit, what will be the procedure and outcome? Will court sell the whole  property and divide money?

Learning

2 Replies

Mahadeva Rao G (ADVOCATE)     25 April 2012

If a person dies  intestate without making a WILL in such a case,  his  wife and all children will be  the legal heirs  for the estate of  the deceased.   You are talking  about only two brothers here,   where is the mother and sisters if any of the  brothers  you are talking.       Well  as said above,   All  the  legal heirs stand  to  get a equal share  in the estate of the deceased  irrespective of the  differences among them.   No body can claim more or nobody can claim less.     It is better  to go for amicable  Partition and  register  their  respective  share and change  the  khatha  in their  individual name according  to the  share  decided( There is no need to go to court ).  Only  if  the  share is denied by the other  legal heirs  then  you  need to go to court  enforcing  partition  and  seperate  possession  of your    lawful share in the  estate of the deceased,  which  will take its own  course of time.. 

Rajat Vyas (Lawyer)     11 May 2012

yours friend have a legal right to get his legal shere in that proparty. if he has a mother and sisters. they have also equal right. if all family members are not interested in partition. you advice to your friend to submit a partition suit in court and court grant decree by meets n bounds.if that proparty like a partition court cant sell that proparty

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register