IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rama Krishna   26 March 2023

Partition suit

My father died in 1995. My sister filed Partition suit in December 2022 paying court of Rs200- claiming that she is entitled for 50% share.  My father and self partitioned the property un -‘registered in 1980 and paying taxes separately.
please give your advice on limitation of suit and  whether court fee  paid is correct. 


 3 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     27 March 2023

There is no limit for institution of a suit for partition of intestate property left behind by their father.

1 Like

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     27 March 2023

Yes, you can initiate proceedings for partition of Your deceased father's property now ,  limitation not restricted.

1 Like

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     27 March 2023

Yes she can challenge a partition deed even after 25 years provided that there must be some reasons to revoke the same and the reasons must be satisfactory for condoning the delay. If the Court is satisfied with the above stated condition then it may proceed with the same.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query