LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

jagadesh (engineer)     01 July 2013

Partition of property

Pls Understand my question. i am the elder girl followed by two brothers in my family. My father inherited property from his father(My grandfather), But my father didnt divided property to his 4 sisters. those 4 sisters(my aunt) has mind not to claim property from my father, since it is custom only male child can take property those times. My father expired. We didnt get any release deed sign from my aunts since they have not interested in our property. Now i am married, i got some money from my brothers and given the release deed to my brothers and get registered. I just want to know Whether my aunts has rights to claim the property at this time?


 3 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     01 July 2013

yes. they may claim as the legal heirs have right over an ancestral property.

Mohammed Ameenuddin (Sr. Legal Manager)     01 July 2013

Yes, they can. But, if they do not have any claim over the property, get the release deed from them, so that their LRs could not have claim in future.

prakharved (Medical officer)     02 July 2013



Since it is an ancestral property, your father's sisters can also ask for a claim in the property. It may also happen that, even if your aunt are not interested, their legal representatives, their children, could ask for share in the property. Therefore, it is suggested than you get the release deed from the concerned people.


You should consult a property a property lawyer for the same. I would suggest you log on to Here you can post your legal query and practicing lawyers would give you a written response to your question. The reply would consist of the legal procedures as well as the concerned laws. You can even schedule a telephonic consultation with a lawyers as per your convenenience on



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register