LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Drhirdyesh Pant   14 April 2021

partition of property

My father died without any will.. He was a govt servant and my mother got job on compassionate basis after his death... My mother and my sister are trying to get me n my wife evicted from my father's home and my mother says she has disowned me....they both live in govt provided flat.. She says I bear no rights on my father's property.. I want to know my rights And want to file suit for partition. I need legal assistance on the same..


 2 Replies

Sanjay Narayandas (Advocate)     14 April 2021


You have full rights over the property of your father. You will have to file a  partition suit. By your mother saying that she has disowned you, that doesn't render you to not have any rights over your father's property. 

For further queries, you can contact me on

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     14 April 2021

All legal-heirs are equal right over the property  you are 1/3 share right 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register