IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

JAGADEESH GOVIND (ADVOCATE)     23 November 2009

Partition of deceased brothers

Dear Sir,

I am a member of family having 3 brothers and a sister.One of my brother  died without any legal heirs and another one died leaving his wife and two children.Now we propose to partition our property.My parents are also expired.We are holding a joint property belonged to my parents

I just want to know how the share of my expired brothers shall be partitioned ?





 4 Replies

niranjan (civil practice)     23 November 2009

Divide the property between you,sister and deceased brother's wife equally.

Prakash Langalia (ADVOCATE)     23 November 2009

i agree with niranjan.


Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     23 November 2009

Now  the property shall have 3 sharers,  you, your sister and the deceased brother having wife and children. That brother's share shall be divided equally among his wife and 2 children. 

sanjeev gupta (Advocate)     24 November 2009

Dear Sir,

I am agreed with the answer of Adv. Archana.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query