LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

santosh (x)     02 April 2015

Partition of ancestral property

My grandfather expired in 1991. Partition of his inherited house among his 3 sons did not take place till today.  All the documents that we have are House Tax receipts, Water Tax bills, Current Bills, Some old ammonia print indicating the door number of the house, plan with measurements and permission / request from the then Town Planning commissioner [issued in 1971 indicating property is in our possession since over a 40 years from now;] to construct latrines etc in the property, Death certificate of my grand father and Aadhaar cards of the 3 sons.

The property was under our possession since over a 100 years,, but we lost the document how my grandfather inherited this property.

Please suggest all documents necessary for making a registered partition deed

Learning

4 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     03 April 2015

you can apply for a certified copy of the missing deed from the subregistrar office where your property is registered.you will definitely need this when you want to sell your share in future to someone.

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     04 April 2015

I slightly disagree with Saravanan.  If there is no transaction at all since 100 years, then you may not get the information in the Sub Registrar office.  You have to approach revenue authorities.  The other option is you go and verify with Municipal authorities who have sanctioned the building permission to you.

It is very complicated issue and cannot be explained here.  You better call me 7893011777 or ravinder2345@gmail.com.  Send the scanned copies of the above papers you have.  After verifying the same I can give you some idea. 

saravanan s (legal advisor)     05 April 2015

i agree with ravinder sirs view that you have to approach revenue authorities

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     07 April 2015

YES, LEARNED ADVOCATE RAVINDER HAS GUIDED YOU PROPERLY ESPECIALLY  SINCE THE PROPERTY REMAINS IDLE WITHOUT ANY TRANSACTION FOR ALL THESE YEARS, THE REVENUE DEPARTMENT MAY BE APPROACHED FOR KNOWING THE SURVEY NO., BY WHICH YOU CAN MAKE A SEARCH IN THE REGISTRAR OFFICE.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register