LAW Courses
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kunal roy (student)     13 July 2011

Partition of ancestral house


dear sir

my great great grandfather died in 1941 leaving one son (  my great grandfather ) n he lived in a two storied house in Kolkata.My great grandfather died in 1954 leaving his wife, four daugthers n one son,my grandfather.His wife also died in 1992.The house is being sold now.How will be the money divided between the daughters n the son.

 I want clear explanation of following issues according to before Hindu succession act1956 act 

i) Is he entitled to equal share in the house as his father (Mitakshara law)

(ii) whethar he will get half portion from his father's share or will it be

equally divided among him n his sisters

(iii)  is he entitled to any portion from his mother's share

 1 Replies

kumar (NIL)     14 July 2011

Dear Kunal,

As per my knowledge daughters will not have any share is the property.... But if you want you can share some part to them, that's purely upto you. But as per law only son's (legal heirs) is having the rights in property.


Thnx & Regds




Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query