LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

aman singh parihar   19 November 2020

Partition deed in mp

My father who owns a house wants to partition the house between him and my brother. house is 1800 sq ft. he wants to partition 900 sq ft to my brother. Is there any problem in this? what would be the cost in gwalior MP. what is RCC while calculating the estimated cost of builiding??

Learning

4 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     19 November 2020

Your father cannot divide the property as your brother has no right over the house property.  so your father may execute a Gift Deed in favour of your brother.Stamp duty rates vary from one State to another State.  so consult in Registrar office or check online for SAMPADA (portal of registration and stamps of MP).

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     20 November 2020

Contact a local advocate if your father has acquired it with his own income and he can gift the part of the property to one of his son..

P. Venu (Advocate)     20 November 2020

Yes, your father being the owner of the property, can gift or settle the property in favour of your father. However, such an arrangement would not divest your brother of being a legal heir to your father.

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     21 November 2020

I agree with experts, your father may or may not give a single feet, half or full to your brother since the property is his self acquired.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More