LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

VIJAY K. TEOTIA (ADVOCATE)     26 April 2010

partition

my father owns a residential plot which is regd in the name of may grandfather who passes in 1984. my father is the only son who is 79 years old. we are three married brothers among which the said plot has to be equally distributed for which there is no dispute in the family. which document to follow family settlement or gift deed. either way it has to be registered since it will be required to submit to local dvelopment authority for map sanctioning.

Learning

5 Replies

advocate jain (advocate)     26 April 2010

family settlement is gud document for map sanctioning

Seshagiri Viswanatha Rao (Asst Secy to Govt Retired)     27 April 2010

Sirs

Kindly indicate whether the Sub Registrar has been vested with the powers of cancellation of illegal registration of giftsettlement deed is defectively presented by the land grabbers and if to indicate under which section and act the Sub registrar has been empowered

thanks

senkottayan (junior advocate)     28 April 2010

i am not clear about the sections regarding the powers of Sub registrar's cancellation of settlement deed

but it's not good to cancel the settlement deed by way of cancellation deed........

u may go to court  and sacrifice the court that the settlement deed has been obtained by way of fraud, coercion or misrepresentation and get a decree regarding cancellation of settlement deed...

regards.....

K. Senkottayan,

Advocate, Karur, Tamilnadu.

i am of  opinion that u may enter into family settlement deed ( Partition Deed)

in the said partition deed u must refer the parent document( in which the property stands in ur grand father's name)

in addition to that document u must have

Death and Legal heirship certificate of ur grandfather...

( Becoz it must establish ur title)

regards...

K. Senkottayan,

Advocate, Karur

i am of  opinion that u may enter into family settlement deed ( Partition Deed)

in the said partition deed u must refer the parent document( in which the property stands in ur grand father's name)

in addition to that document u must have

Death and Legal heirship certificate of ur grandfather...

( Becoz it must establish ur title)

regards...

K. Senkottayan,

Advocate, Karur

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register