Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

c bala subramanyam   07 July 2016

Part of pension entitlement to a divorced wife

Sir/Madam, I got an exparte divorce as my previous wife wilfully not attended to court eventhough referred main op in MC case and 498a complaint on 20th January 2012. I re married on 24th april 2012. In 2013 divorced wife filed section 5 condone delay petition for 450days. Now she is ready for settlement, also handed over my two children voluntarily to me. We prepared terms of settlement regd. maintenance, part of gratuity etc. I already nominated my present wife for departmental benefits. Iam ready to nominate divorced wife for 50% of family pension. Can rule position permits for 50% entitlement to her in case of death of me? If the terms of agrement are as above can court pass order as above? If court passes govt. oblige the order? Please suggest me as early as possible.


 1 Replies

Sandhya Srinivas (Advocate & Legal consultant)     07 July 2016

Dear Bala Subramanyam,

1.  Yes you can make same submission before Hon'ble court and

2.  you can execute a will transpiring wishes of bequeathing your 50% family pension to your first wife ( Divorced ) and other details. 


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register