LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Deep Kumar (Service)     15 July 2020

Parking re allotment by society

I brought a 10 year old flat couple of months back with covered parking in Pune(MH). While society transfer, secretary told me that they will relocate my parking to make way for building entry and exit. And this is already decided in the society meeting, which the last owner had no information. In my registry papers the parking number / location is clearly mentioned.

Can society relocate my parking? What are my options here? Neither ex owner / me have signed anywhere related to parking relocation.

Learning

4 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     15 July 2020

Hello,

Society has rights to allot parking space for vehicle.

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     15 July 2020

Originally posted by : Deep Kumar
I brought a 10 year old flat couple of months back with covered parking in Pune(MH). While society transfer, secretary told me that they will relocate my parking to make way for building entry and exit. And this is already decided in the society meeting, which the last owner had no information. In my registry papers the parking number / location is clearly mentioned.

Can society relocate my parking? What are my options here? Neither ex owner / me have signed anywhere related to parking relocation.

1.  Open /Stilt /Podium /Basement Parking spaces are all classified as "common open spaces" & Free of FSI, under the Regional Town Planning Act and CANNOT be "legally" Sold or Purchased or Registered or Leased.  Parking spaces can be allotted (most of the times by illegally collecting money, which is a criminal offence).

2.  As per model bye-laws, Parking should be allotted to members, using yearly "rotation policy". You can put the CHS on legal notice to allot you parking, irrespective the fact that the linked Flat had not purchased /allotted parking from builder /whosoever.

3. IF Society fails to allot you parking THEN file grievance petition, before the local Consumer Court. There are several orders to this affect, in favor of the CHS member.

4. Society is well within its right to allot parking or withdraw parking spaces to its members, without any legal justifications, whatsoever, more so since Mg.Committee is the governing body of the Society premises.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

Deep Kumar (Service)     16 July 2020

Thanks to both of you for the response.

Hemant ji, one query - My CHS is not rotating any parking allotment, also other members are using their own parking which they got allocated by the builder. 

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     16 July 2020

Originally posted by : Deep Kumar
My CHS is not rotating any parking allotment, also other members are using their own parking which they got allocated by the builder. 

1. Rotational Parking Policy shall be implementable "ONLY" when some member does not have a parking slot.  This means More Vehicles and LESS parking slots.

2. You may prefer to Re-Read point no. 3 of my previous advise this time more "S-L-O-W-L-Y"

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register