LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Akash (XYZ)     21 December 2014

Parking problems cooperative society mumbai

I live in a ground floor flat in a cooperative housing society in Mumbai. My flat has two entrances. The front entrance is accessible from the building staircase and the other entrance (back entrance) leads directly into my house. My family accesses the back entrance as it is more convenient for us.

Of late some society members have been parking their cars outside my back entrance which causes a lot of inconvenience to me. I have heard that the managing committee is planning to designate the area that leads to my back entrance as a parking space

Can I object to it being made a parking spot and can the managing committee take such a decision and do they have to put it to vote to the members? The approximate distance from the society compound wall to the back door entrance is around 8 feet. If they go ahead with the decision, then I will constantly have cars parked outside my bedroom window and back entrance.

I seek learned advice as the recourse available for me.

Thank you in advance.

Learning

2 Replies

Akash (XYZ)     22 December 2014

I would be very grateful to get some learned advice from this forum

Vitthal (IT Consultant)     23 December 2014

I don't think you have the right to object the parking space the society is planning. This is for a simple reason that it is not the official entry of your flat. Its just for your convenience that you were using that entrance. Now there is a dearth of parking spaces in the society & the society Mgmt Committee wants to use this space as parking. they are doing this only as part of their job to manage the society. They are not blocking your official entry to your home. In my opinion you should accept this & not fight it unnecessarily, I don't think your stand is tenable.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register